Monday, September 20, 2010

Starting over

Sometimes you mess up. Part of the picture is just not going to get right. If you are working in acrylic or oils, you can  just paint over that part with white and start over. I had to do that with each of my big paintings at some point in the process. It is really scary to do, but once I have done it I feel so relieved. I was crying about my painting yesterday I felt so stuck. But after talking with my  friendwe agreed I should paint over the parts I was struggling with and re do them. The painting is already looking loads better and I feel as though I can finish it in time for the art show. A few new ideas to add to the meaning of the painting even came out as I was re-arranging the details in the foreground.

I don't have pictures now, but I can't wait to show it to you when it is finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment