Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Dreams do come true

Sara sleeping with Fey in a bed of her hair by Sara Star


Recently I have had some seemingly crazy dreams.

I described my dream studio.
While leafing through art history books, I dreamt of seeing my work/name in one.
I promised myself a real gallery show by the time I turned 30.

All these dreams are coming true now.

My husband saw my blog entry about studios. And told me to turn our living room into my studio. It has north light in a huge window, it has moldings that can be converted into a gallery hanging systems, it is next to the kitchen with plenty of extra cupboards and a sink. I had never thought of the living room space in that way before!

An art historian contacted me this week for inclusion in a book she is publishing. Woohoo!

And of course, I had quite a few gallery shows before I turned 30, and many to come after! My most exciting one coming this October!

Taking care of my internet presence has made a huge difference in these dreams coming true. You have to put yourself out there to get noticed!

No comments:

Post a Comment