Monday, October 11, 2010

Angst Gallery October Art Show

Duke DesRoschers and I are holding a collaborative art installation at Angst Gallery, Vancouver WA for this month. I was initially struck by one of Duke's stunning sculptures and I wanted to work with him. Due to working opposite shifts, me on the day shift at an office and he on a night shift as a carpenter, we rarely connected, but when we did our art made miracles!
Sara Star with the collaboration she made with Duke DesRoschers

Above you can see the frame Duke made for my painting. I really enjoy how they compliment and contrast.

Sara Star and Delilah at the Ruins of the Temple of Dagon

I love doing large paintings, but I think it will be a long time before I do another one. It takes a lot out of you!

And I really adore the small pictures. They have a special intimacy, while the large ones have a more dominating power. I can't wait to post more pictures, this is just a preview.

No comments:

Post a Comment